One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument which gives an indication of the humidity of the air.
- ‘If moisturising is continuous over the hygroscope moisture content then flax can mould even during a couple of days.’
- ‘The table below details the advantages and disadvantages of electric versus mechanical hygroscopes.’
- ‘Often the humidity required for bacteria to multiply is found on hygroscope materials.’
- ‘He also designed the first flight instruments, including anemometers and hygroscopes.’
- ‘The hygroscope measures and records changes in humidity.’
- ‘Babf crystal exhibits high chemical stability, free of moisture and hygroscopes and has very good mechanical properties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.