One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument which gives an indication of the humidity of the air.
- ‘The hygroscope measures and records changes in humidity.’
- ‘The table below details the advantages and disadvantages of electric versus mechanical hygroscopes.’
- ‘He also designed the first flight instruments, including anemometers and hygroscopes.’
- ‘Often the humidity required for bacteria to multiply is found on hygroscope materials.’
- ‘Babf crystal exhibits high chemical stability, free of moisture and hygroscopes and has very good mechanical properties.’
- ‘If moisturising is continuous over the hygroscope moisture content then flax can mould even during a couple of days.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.