One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for measuring the humidity of the air or a gas.
- ‘To estimate the range of spray around the washstands, we measured relative humidity at different distances using a hygrometer.’
- ‘Use a hygrometer to know what the humidity level is.’
- ‘The thermometer, the hygrometer, the currents of wind and cloud, should be as familiar to him as the stethoscope, the microscope and the speculum.’
- ‘To determine the relative humidity, you will need a relative humidity sensor, also known as a moisture meter or hygrometer.’
- ‘Soil water potential was measured at regular intervals using a dew-point hygrometer on soil samples collected from one pot per group.’
- ‘Dew point temperature is measured with a hygrometer, and you can make your own.’
- ‘These include the thermometer, the barometer, and the hygrometer.’
- ‘Medium water potentials were measured with a hygrometer.’
- ‘All humidity measurements were made with a model 2200 hygrometer.’
- ‘Some dehumidifiers feature a hygrometer, which measures room humidity.’
- ‘In a recent publication, with the same settings and using a dew point mirror hygrometer, a similar result of 36.2 mg H2O / L was obtained.’
- ‘Sapwood water potentials were measured with a thermocouple hygrometer, branch water potentials with a pressure chamber.’
- ‘A chilled-mirror hygrometer works by using an electric cooling unit to reduce the temperature of a mirror until dew or frost forms on its surface.’
- ‘Go out and buy a digital hygrometer - a good one costs $30 or $40.’
- ‘The actual relative humidity was measured in the glove box with a hygrometer immediately before sealing the cell with a second CaF2 window.’
- ‘To measure the humidity level inside your home, buy a hygrometer, available at hardware stores for about $30.’
- ‘If you want to have full control over precise percentages of humidity, get a unit with a hygrometer and humidistat.’
- ‘The temperature of the air stream was measured just downstream of the dew point hygrometer using a thermocouple.’
- ‘Periodically check the humidity with a hygrometer, available at your local hardware store.’
- ‘In addition, a Li - 188 quantum sensor, thermometer and hygrometer recorded, respectively, irradiance, air temperature and relative air humidity hourly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.