One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for measuring the humidity of the air or a gas.
- ‘To measure the humidity level inside your home, buy a hygrometer, available at hardware stores for about $30.’
- ‘The thermometer, the hygrometer, the currents of wind and cloud, should be as familiar to him as the stethoscope, the microscope and the speculum.’
- ‘These include the thermometer, the barometer, and the hygrometer.’
- ‘A chilled-mirror hygrometer works by using an electric cooling unit to reduce the temperature of a mirror until dew or frost forms on its surface.’
- ‘To estimate the range of spray around the washstands, we measured relative humidity at different distances using a hygrometer.’
- ‘Periodically check the humidity with a hygrometer, available at your local hardware store.’
- ‘In addition, a Li - 188 quantum sensor, thermometer and hygrometer recorded, respectively, irradiance, air temperature and relative air humidity hourly.’
- ‘All humidity measurements were made with a model 2200 hygrometer.’
- ‘Use a hygrometer to know what the humidity level is.’
- ‘Go out and buy a digital hygrometer - a good one costs $30 or $40.’
- ‘In a recent publication, with the same settings and using a dew point mirror hygrometer, a similar result of 36.2 mg H2O / L was obtained.’
- ‘Medium water potentials were measured with a hygrometer.’
- ‘If you want to have full control over precise percentages of humidity, get a unit with a hygrometer and humidistat.’
- ‘Some dehumidifiers feature a hygrometer, which measures room humidity.’
- ‘To determine the relative humidity, you will need a relative humidity sensor, also known as a moisture meter or hygrometer.’
- ‘The actual relative humidity was measured in the glove box with a hygrometer immediately before sealing the cell with a second CaF2 window.’
- ‘Dew point temperature is measured with a hygrometer, and you can make your own.’
- ‘The temperature of the air stream was measured just downstream of the dew point hygrometer using a thermocouple.’
- ‘Sapwood water potentials were measured with a thermocouple hygrometer, branch water potentials with a pressure chamber.’
- ‘Soil water potential was measured at regular intervals using a dew-point hygrometer on soil samples collected from one pot per group.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.