Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A specialist in the promotion of clean conditions for the preservation of health.‘an industrial hygienist’
- ‘For experienced hygienists, the pay is around $250 to $300 per day.’
- ‘Experienced industrial hygienists inspected the buildings and noted details of their construction, including the type of ventilation system.’
- ‘For example, fluorescent tracers and video imaging have allowed industrial hygienists to measure farm workers' exposure to pesticides.’
- ‘Medical surveillance is ideally performed along with a work-site review conducted by an appropriate professional, such as an industrial hygienist.’
- ‘The French hygienists commented: ‘The stagnant waters of the inundated places are no less noxious to public health than the burial grounds.’’
- ‘That unpredictability is why industrial hygienists get all twitchy when they hear ‘mercury’ and ‘carpet’ in the same sentence.’
- ‘Even if you're not covered, contact an industrial hygienist or a company that specializes in mold remediation to take a look.’
- ‘Responsibility was delegated to the Ministry of Health, the main hygienist of the Slovak Republic, and regional hygienists.’
- ‘The safety manager/industrial hygienist conducted a sampling of mass concentration of particulates.’
- ‘Many hygienists began to think that there was no threshold level for carcinogens.’
- ‘In the past, industrial hygienists mainly focused their concerns on inhalation exposure.’
- ‘Exposure assessment was made by occupational hygienists, who used questionnaires, interviews, and measurements.’
- ‘In addition some companies will have occupational hygienists to assist the safety advisers, for example with monitoring noise and dusts.’
- ‘Such sampling is the purview of the industrial hygienist.’
- ‘It is impossible to find a hygienist who does not debase his theory of the healthful with a theory of the virtuous.’
- ‘After the property was dried out, an industrial hygienist came in to make sure it was safe to inhabit.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.