Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Introduce a hydroxyl group into (a molecule or compound)‘a hydroxylated metabolite of cholecalciferol’
- ‘It appears generally that hydroxylated indoles undergo photodegradation more readily than nonhydroxylated derivatives.’
- ‘Amoxapine is hydroxylated by the liver and has an average half-life of 8 hours.’
- ‘It is hydroxylated to an active form in the liver, influenced by the level of serum calcium.’
- ‘The pheromone has been partially purified and consists of several related molecules similar to hydroxylated fatty acids.’
- ‘Both women and men with lupus have been found to have increased concentrations of 16 - hydroxylated estrogens in the serum.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.