One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[with object]often as adjective hydroxylated
Introduce a hydroxyl group into (a molecule or compound)‘a hydroxylated metabolite of cholecalciferol’
- ‘Both women and men with lupus have been found to have increased concentrations of 16 - hydroxylated estrogens in the serum.’
- ‘It appears generally that hydroxylated indoles undergo photodegradation more readily than nonhydroxylated derivatives.’
- ‘It is hydroxylated to an active form in the liver, influenced by the level of serum calcium.’
- ‘Amoxapine is hydroxylated by the liver and has an average half-life of 8 hours.’
- ‘The pheromone has been partially purified and consists of several related molecules similar to hydroxylated fatty acids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.