One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mineral related to apatite which is the main inorganic constituent of tooth enamel and bone, although it is rare in rocks.
- ‘A less popular ‘filler ‘for wrinkles is made from calcium hydroxyapatite, a substance used to replace missing bone.’’
- ‘Some manufacturers also have coated their implants with a calcium phosphate-based material called calcium hydroxyapatite.’
- ‘Bone consists of collagen banded fibrils sprinkled with tiny crystals of the mineral hydroxyapatite, which is basically calcium phosphate.’
- ‘In view of the elastic modulus of hydroxyapatite being at least three orders of magnitude larger than that of collagen, this seems to be quite natural.’
- ‘The most familiar apatite derivative is hydroxyapatite, the bulk mineral constituent of bone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.