Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The condition of having fluid in the pleural cavity.
- ‘Aggressive treatment of hydrothorax and ascites can lead easily to hepatic encephalopathy.’
- ‘There was bilateral hydrothorax and moderate pulmonary congestion associated with a passively congested liver.’
- ‘Hepatic hydrothorax originates secondary to ascitic fluid movement from the abdominal cavity to the pleural space via defects in the diaphragm.’
- ‘Hepatic hydrothorax is a complication of cirrhosis in patients with ascites.’
- ‘Two weeks after discharge the hepatic hydrothorax had completely resolved.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.