One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The condition of having fluid in the pleural cavity.
- ‘Two weeks after discharge the hepatic hydrothorax had completely resolved.’
- ‘Hepatic hydrothorax originates secondary to ascitic fluid movement from the abdominal cavity to the pleural space via defects in the diaphragm.’
- ‘Aggressive treatment of hydrothorax and ascites can lead easily to hepatic encephalopathy.’
- ‘There was bilateral hydrothorax and moderate pulmonary congestion associated with a passively congested liver.’
- ‘Hepatic hydrothorax is a complication of cirrhosis in patients with ascites.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.