One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The condition of having fluid in the pleural cavity.
- ‘Two weeks after discharge the hepatic hydrothorax had completely resolved.’
- ‘There was bilateral hydrothorax and moderate pulmonary congestion associated with a passively congested liver.’
- ‘Aggressive treatment of hydrothorax and ascites can lead easily to hepatic encephalopathy.’
- ‘Hepatic hydrothorax is a complication of cirrhosis in patients with ascites.’
- ‘Hepatic hydrothorax originates secondary to ascitic fluid movement from the abdominal cavity to the pleural space via defects in the diaphragm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.