One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1mass noun The use of exercises in a pool as part of treatment for conditions such as arthritis.as modifier ‘a hydrotherapy pool’
- ‘Part of my rehab after the injury was to get in a pool for hydrotherapy.’
- ‘Physiotherapy involves a range of treatments, including manipulation, massage, exercise, electrotherapy and hydrotherapy.’
- ‘A pool for hydrotherapy, which is extremely popular with the children, is very beneficial for spastic and un-coordinated muscular tone.’
- ‘Cash will also go towards giving him all the medical care he needs such as speech therapy and hydrotherapy.’
- ‘The rehabilitation program included stretching, spinal flexibility exercises, spinal stabilization exercises, aerobic exercise, and hydrotherapy.’
2another term for hydropathy
- ‘There are also illustrations showing how people used to cure neurasthenia through hydrotherapy.’
- ‘These included nature cure, fasting, hydrotherapy, colonics, exercise, diet emphasizing raw foods and vegetarianism.’
- ‘Other forms of treatment may include yoga or Pilates, homeopathic and herbal remedies, hydrotherapy and acupuncture.’
- ‘A more extreme treatment is colonic irrigation, also called colonic hydrotherapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.