Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for dithionite
- ‘A truck carrying sodium hydrosulphite caught fire, causing the closure of Interstate 81.’
- ‘If staining is very stubborn, diluted bleach may be used providing the skin is then neutralised with sodium hydrosulphite and rinsed thoroughly.’
- ‘The latest technology is adopted to produce hydrosulphite from sodium formate.’
- ‘The reaction of the sodium hydrosulphite with the caustic water was expected to generate steam and sulfur dioxide.’
- ‘As for the bleaching agents, the hydrosulphites, particularly sodium and zinc are preferred.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.