Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for dithionite
- ‘As for the bleaching agents, the hydrosulphites, particularly sodium and zinc are preferred.’
- ‘The reaction of the sodium hydrosulphite with the caustic water was expected to generate steam and sulfur dioxide.’
- ‘A truck carrying sodium hydrosulphite caught fire, causing the closure of Interstate 81.’
- ‘If staining is very stubborn, diluted bleach may be used providing the skin is then neutralised with sodium hydrosulphite and rinsed thoroughly.’
- ‘The latest technology is adopted to produce hydrosulphite from sodium formate.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.