One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sport or leisure activity that involves jumping into fast-flowing white water and being carried along at high speed while buoyed up by a float.‘more adventurous sports include white-water rafting, hydrospeed, and hang-gliding’
- ‘Alternatively if you have rafted before, you may wish to try hot-dogging or hydrospeeding instead.’
- ‘For a number of hours each week the whitewater course will be closed to rafts, kayaks and other boats and can be used for hydrospeeding.’
- ‘From breathtaking championship golf courses to canyoning and hydrospeeding there really is something for everyone.’
- ‘You can book and have guidance with white-water rafting, hydrospeeding as well as the aerial assault course.’
- ‘However, extreme sports, such as bungee jumping, hydrospeeding, rafting, paragliding and canyoning are becoming increasingly popular, especially with affluent urban thrill-seekers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.