Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A sport or leisure activity that involves jumping into fast-flowing white water and being carried along at high speed while buoyed up by a float.‘more adventurous sports include white-water rafting, hydrospeed, and hang-gliding’
- ‘Alternatively if you have rafted before, you may wish to try hot-dogging or hydrospeeding instead.’
- ‘You can book and have guidance with white-water rafting, hydrospeeding as well as the aerial assault course.’
- ‘From breathtaking championship golf courses to canyoning and hydrospeeding there really is something for everyone.’
- ‘For a number of hours each week the whitewater course will be closed to rafts, kayaks and other boats and can be used for hydrospeeding.’
- ‘However, extreme sports, such as bungee jumping, hydrospeeding, rafting, paragliding and canyoning are becoming increasingly popular, especially with affluent urban thrill-seekers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.