One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A water slide into a swimming pool.‘a showy mansion with a swimming pool, hydroslide, and floodlit tennis court’
water slide, slide, flume, log flumeView synonyms
- ‘I wanted the book to be like a hydroslide into the pool.’
- ‘You get on the hydroslide, you have a great wiz-bang, thrilling visceral explosion of fear and exhileration in your gut as you go down, and then you have that fantastic splash in the water.’
- ‘The shutting down of the main pool and the hydroslide at Masterton's rec centre for about a month for repairs and maintenance copped a broadside from some district councillors yesterday.’
- ‘The steps up to the hydroslide will be part of the repair regime.’
- ‘Everyone loved the hydroslide, especially Jay and Josh.’
- ‘You'll get to have fun at the main outdoor and indoor private pools and make full use of the giant hydroslide.’
- ‘An 11-year-old Masterton schoolgirl has brought to the attention of the Masterton District Council the fact that its hydroslide at the recreation centre is slippery - on the way up, as well as down.’
- ‘All parties involved in the ongoing arbitration surrounding Lakes Leisure's closed hydroslide appeared to have taken a vow of silence yesterday.’
- ‘His mansion, complete with pool with hydroslide, took a year to build.’
- ‘I had promised to take my children to the hydroslide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.