Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Massage using jets of water, as a health or beauty treatment.
- ‘One of the most relaxing treatments it offers is the hydromassage, where you relax in a bath of warm seawater while a pressure-adjustable hose is played over your body.’
- ‘We also try hydromassage which means a lady with a powerful hose jets you all over in a bath.’
- ‘Close to a conventional step-in shower cubicle in appearance, the units boast a plethora of special features including a steam facility and vertical hydromassage.’
- ‘This is a dramatic mirrored structure housing jacuzzis, jet streams, cascades, hydromassage, Turkish baths and much more.’
- ‘Consider a spa with a single-speed jet pump that uses only the energy needed to deliver a powerful hydromassage experience.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.