One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The chemical breakdown of a compound due to reaction with water.
- ‘Another preparation method involves acid hydrolysis of methyl formate.’
- ‘When hydrolysis occurs, we will write a chemical equation to describe it, and new species will be formed in solution.’
- ‘On ageing, textiles are usually damaged by oxidation or acid-catalysed hydrolysis.’
- ‘Digestion breaks down chemical bonds in a process called enzymatic hydrolysis.’
- ‘Again, they used partial acid hydrolysis of the whole chain and then protease digestion to give larger blocks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.