One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually with modifier An enzyme that catalyses the hydrolysis of a particular substrate.
- ‘Microsomal epoxide hydrolase detoxifies reactive oxygen species generated by endotoxin exposure, and polymorphisms of the miH gene are associated with altered enzyme activity.’
- ‘Thus, although not a nudix hydrolase, this enzyme seems to fulfil the housecleaning role proposed for nudix hydrolases.’
- ‘Biopterin is a vital cofactor in tryptophan hydrolase's conversion of tryptophan to serotonin.’
- ‘More recent work suggests that the cell wall hydrolase, pectin methyl esterase, plays a role in weakening of the megagametophyte, allowing radicle emergence and the completion of germination.’
- ‘This enzyme, a lysosomal hydrolase, is involved in the catabolism of neutral glycosphingolipids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.