One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually with modifier An enzyme that catalyses the hydrolysis of a particular substrate.
- ‘Thus, although not a nudix hydrolase, this enzyme seems to fulfil the housecleaning role proposed for nudix hydrolases.’
- ‘More recent work suggests that the cell wall hydrolase, pectin methyl esterase, plays a role in weakening of the megagametophyte, allowing radicle emergence and the completion of germination.’
- ‘This enzyme, a lysosomal hydrolase, is involved in the catabolism of neutral glycosphingolipids.’
- ‘Biopterin is a vital cofactor in tryptophan hydrolase's conversion of tryptophan to serotonin.’
- ‘Microsomal epoxide hydrolase detoxifies reactive oxygen species generated by endotoxin exposure, and polymorphisms of the miH gene are associated with altered enzyme activity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.