One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The science of surveying and charting bodies of water, such as seas, lakes, and rivers.
- ‘His work was both of a military and of a scientific nature, often combining these two aspects in his work on hydrography and cartography.’
- ‘That opened a period of intense growth in scientific knowledge in the area of steamship mechanics, shipbuilding, hydrography and shipboard artillery.’
- ‘He said: ‘I am very conscious of the excellent leadership of the nation's hydrography by my predecessors.’’
- ‘He was the founder of modern oceanography and hydrography.’
- ‘Samples were grouped in several distinct clusters that were generally consistent with the hydrography of the area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.