One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The ship carries two small hydrographic survey launches, equipped with high-frequency sonar to operate in depths of 10 to 260 feet.’
- ‘Candidates also learn basic maritime operations, conduct hydro-graphic surveys and prepare hydrographic charts.’
- ‘Many now see the benefits that professional societies can provide in this regard - and hydrographic societies in particular, as the common link to all maritime activity.’
- ‘The extra money, if approved, will pay for stepped up hydrographic surveys of the nation's 40 ‘most critical’ ports and harbors and to convert all charting data into digital format.’
- ‘This passage also makes clear that the global validity of natural powers produces precisely the differences and variations allowing genuine forms in every climatic or hydrographic zone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.