Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of geology concerned with water occurring underground or on the surface of the earth.
- ‘What I found is deep groundwater and hydrogeology, they have a big impact on the way we should be doing things in this part of the world.’
- ‘It is best suited for determining a region's hydrogeology, which is its main function.’
- ‘The board found it would have an impact on the geology, hydrogeology and ecology of the area.’
- ‘He is an active researcher in field and theoretical aspects of mass transport, contaminant hydrogeology and groundwater geochemistry.’
- ‘Due to their peculiar location, formation and hydrogeology, the coral islands have limited fresh water availability - both from surface and ground water sources.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.