One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One example of the use of hydrogen atom transfer in organic synthesis is hydrogenation, i.e. the addition of hydrogen to a carbon-carbon double bond.’
- ‘Hydrogen is also used by the food products industry to convert liquid oils to solid fats in a process known as hydrogenation.’
- ‘Many of the carbon compounds found in crude petroleum may contain multiple bonds, but can be converted to saturated compounds by catalytic hydrogenation.’
- ‘For example, nickel is a catalyst in the hydrogenation of vegetable oils.’
- ‘Unsaturated fats may be chemically modified by a process called hydrogenation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.