One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gel in which the liquid component is water.as modifier ‘hydrogel contact lenses’
- ‘The films are in a class of materials known as hydrogels, which are networks of polymers that swell in water.’
- ‘These charges cause attraction between neighbouring peptides and result in the formation a hydrogel that swells in the presence of water.’
- ‘Because they contain up to 95% water, hydrogels cannot absorb much exudate and should be reserved for dry wounds or wounds with minimal to moderate drainage.’
- ‘The material, called a hydrogel, contains a polymer that senses and binds to glucose in bodily fluids.’
- ‘Although dressings such as films, foams, hydrocolloids, hydrogels, collagen, and alginates, may be more expensive per dressing than gauze dressings, they are less expensive to use.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.