One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An acidic, extremely corrosive solution of the liquid hydrogen fluoride in water.
- ‘But if you're going to be precise, hydrofluoric acid is a water solution of hydrogen fluoride, HF.’
- ‘Toxic gases may be emitted, and poisoning from carbon monoxide, hydrofluoric acid, and sulphur dioxide can occur.’
- ‘Selected hand-picked samples were analyzed after being dissolved (typically using hydrofluoric acid for silicates and concentrated nitric acid for phosphates).’
- ‘As I reached to touch it, I learned that the ‘water’ was actually frozen hydrofluoric acid.’
- ‘White quartz frequently coats the fluorite crystals and can be removed with hydrofluoric acid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.