One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A steroid hormone produced by the adrenal cortex and used medicinally to treat inflammation resulting from eczema and rheumatism.
- ‘In a randomized control study of 32 patients, researchers successfully demonstrated a response to low-dose hydrocortisone.’
- ‘In fact, in the 1940s, up until the introduction of steroids such as hydrocortisone, fatty acids were the primary treatment for eczema.’
- ‘Regulation of the hormone hydrocortisone means that the ginseng helps control metabolism of fats, carbohydrates, sodium, potassium, protein, fluids and inflammation.’
- ‘These drugs mimic the effects of the hormones cortisone and hydrocortisone, which are naturally produced by your adrenal glands.’
- ‘Cortisol, also called hydrocortisone, is one of the most potent of the glucocorticoids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.