Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A compound of a particular organic base with hydrochloric acid.[with adjective] [with modifier] ‘cocaine hydrochloride’
- ‘Cocaine hydrochloride can be chemically altered to remove other substances.’
- ‘Unfortunately, most of the drugs entering the US come in as hydrochlorides.’
- ‘Cocaine hydrochloride is water soluble and may be used intranasally or by intravenous injection.’
- ‘Sibutramine hydrochloride is metabolized in the liver, reaching full concentrations in the blood stream within 3-4 hours.’
- ‘Diamorphine hydrochloride is highly soluble in water, facilitating its preparation at a high concentration.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.