One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strongly acidic solution of the gas hydrogen chloride in water.
- ‘Common household cleaners can contain simple inorganic chemicals such as sodium hypochlorite or hydrochloric acid.’
- ‘To determine the exact concentration, titrating the hydrochloric acid against a solution of base, for example sodium hydroxide, would be appropriate.’
- ‘The complementary acid is typically either phosphoric acid or hydrochloric acid.’
- ‘The plant makes chlorine gas from sea salt and then converts it into things like pool chlorine, caustic soda and hydrochloric acid for industry.’
- ‘His other discoveries included nitrogen, hydrochloric acid, ammonia and carbon monoxide, and he was the father of the soda-water industry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.