One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The accumulation of serous fluid in a body sac.‘hydrocele may progress over the years’count noun ‘the swelling is a hydrocele of the cord’
- ‘A hydrocele occurs when fluid collects in the membranes surrounding the testes.’
- ‘What are some of the specific complications associated with hydrocele / hernia surgery?’
- ‘Alternatively, they can be drained with a needle and syringe, although the sac of the hydrocele may fill with fluid again after a few months.’
- ‘These membranes form a closed, fluid-lined sac, like a deflated balloon, that sometimes swells up to become a hydrocele.’
- ‘Possible causes include tumors of the testicle or spermatic cord, spermatoceles, hydroceles, varicoceles, hernias, or lipomas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.