One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A hydraulic hammer is basically a hydraulically powered reciprocating piston inside of a body.’
- ‘The wheels are fitted with dual circuit hydraulically operated disc brakes and anti-skid braking.’
- ‘A hydraulically actuated piston applies braking force via pads that operate on the outside and inside faces of each disc, providing four friction surfaces.’
- ‘The lever the operator holds controls a hydraulically actuated piston that connects to this sleeve gear.’
- ‘It's essentially a manual gearbox; the engine's torque is transferred mechanically, rather than hydraulically as in an automatic transmission.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.