One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's essentially a manual gearbox; the engine's torque is transferred mechanically, rather than hydraulically as in an automatic transmission.’
- ‘The lever the operator holds controls a hydraulically actuated piston that connects to this sleeve gear.’
- ‘A hydraulic hammer is basically a hydraulically powered reciprocating piston inside of a body.’
- ‘The wheels are fitted with dual circuit hydraulically operated disc brakes and anti-skid braking.’
- ‘A hydraulically actuated piston applies braking force via pads that operate on the outside and inside faces of each disc, providing four friction surfaces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.