Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Hydroelectric.‘India has a massive potential to develop hydel power’
- ‘With increasing communication, the steady break-down of geographical isolation and a spate of hydel projects, Kinnaur is steadily changing.’
- ‘Mr Gupta claimed that NHPC plans to generate nearly 1700 MW power from these hydel projects.’
- ‘The power development department has warned people to use electricity judiciously, since power generation in almost all the hydel projects has come down because of low water level.’
- ‘China's hydel power achievements are owing to its leaders ' expertise in the relevant areas.’
- ‘We organise projects ranging from education to setting up mini hydel power plants for the benefit of the local people.’
- ‘If there is a drought and power is required, hydel power will not suffice because of inadequate flows of water.’
- ‘The present storage is only of the order of 5,500 MCM including hydel reservoirs.’
- ‘It became the first city in Indian history to light up on hydel energy.’
- ‘The Prime Minister said while generation of hydel power gives rise to concerns on environment and dislocation, creation of solar power in large quantity would take some time.’
- ‘Though the power position is grim, hydel storage levels can still meet the peaking requirements.’
- ‘A trek to the major hydel reservoirs in the district will also be organised from December 17 to 19, 2004.’
- ‘As part of the reconstruction exercise, Kabul would be getting 300 MW of power from a hydel power venture in Uzbekistan.’
- ‘The funds thus generated would be used in financing hydel power projects in the state.’
- ‘A network of mini hydel power plants can deliver energy equivalent to a big hydel project without imposing a strain on ecological systems.’
- ‘John went on a hunger strike against the proposed hydel project.’
- ‘Countries which are particularly rich in hydel resources can implement such projects without inundation of forest resources or human displacement.’
- ‘The Indian state of Kerala is planning to build small hydel power plants with the help of Chinese expertise.’
- ‘The 2.2 per cent fall in hydel generation had a dampening effect on total generation.’
- ‘It is estimated that the state has a potential to set up 400 small hydel projects with a total power generation capacity of 800-1,000 mw.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.