Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cluster of fluid-filled sacs formed in the uterus by the degeneration of chorionic tissue around an aborting embryo.→ mole
- ‘Therefore it was interpreted that in this twin pregnancy one twin was a complete hydatidiform mole.’
- ‘I think we have a hydatidiform mole to curette.’
- ‘The current case was due to the second mechanism, in which one fertilization resulted in a partial hydatidiform mole and the other a normal co-twin.’
- ‘Five patients were diagnosed with a choriocarcinoma, 7 patients were diagnosed with a hydatidiform mole, and 8 patients were diagnosed with invasive mole.’
- ‘In essence, the entity would be more analogous to a tissue culture or a hydatidiform mole than to an embryo.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.