One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) a legislative bill that combines the characteristics of a private and public bill.‘the hybrid bill needed to make the scheme into law has been delayed’
- ‘The hybrid bill is a welcome step forwards but we still don't know how it will be paid for, or who will pay for it.’
- ‘"If the hybrid bill had been passed, it would have taken 10 years for the project to die a death."’
- ‘The passage of a hybrid bill is much more arduous than normal legislation, involving extensive oral cross-examination and allowing anyone affected to testify personally to Parliament.’
- ‘He said: "The hybrid Bill will cover all the options, but the funding might not be there for all of them."’
- ‘The Government wants to pass a hybrid bill giving powers to build the line before 2015.’
- ‘A hybrid bill could be introduced to Parliament this autumn.’
- ‘A hybrid bill paving the way for the scheme could be introduced in the next parliamentary session.’
- ‘They will use a parliamentary device known as a hybrid bill that, after a public consultation, will enable building to start within five years.’
- ‘A hybrid bill would have bypassed normal planning processes and fast-tracked the scheme without proper public consultation.’
- ‘The major works have to wait until the Hybrid Bill is law.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.