One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An encampment of huts.
- ‘Puzzled, we probed farther into the jungle, and, a couple of miles ahead, we found them in a poor hutment compared with their old village.’
- ‘Even on a day when it is pouring and hutments flooded, I have seen little school children come with perfectly starched, spotless white school uniforms.’
- ‘The hutments and slums have also assumed a political dimension, since slum dwellers have voting rights and get to flex their muscles in elections.’
- ‘They work in dilapidated sheds and live in illegal hutments that the municipal corporation is threatening to demolish.’
- ‘These hutments were burnt down and the menfolk were killed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.