One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She confirmed that belief years later, she wrote, when she and a female friend took their young children on a husbandless vacation.’
- ‘But that's not all, for now I am husbandless as well as pregnant.’
- ‘A fatherless child and husbandless mother were looked down on greatly, and that was one reputation I did not seek for myself or for my child.’
- ‘In this age of easy divorces a husbandless mother attracts little attention.’
- ‘Moreover, women with that kind of money of their own were too good a catch to be left husbandless into their twenties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.