One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is as if finally our battles in all their hurtfulness and seriousness are being shown.’
- ‘He was sharply aware of the pain of humiliation and dependency, the hatefulness and hurtfulness of paternalistic rule.’
- ‘It can be a lesson on the hurtfulness of put-downs, followed by discussions on ways to communicate ‘put-ups.’’
- ‘None of that matches the hurtfulness, however, of the effort to marginalize gays and lesbians through their children.’
- ‘Full of compassion, they are never a source of fear or hurtfulness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.