One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Coun Campbell said: ‘I take it very hurtfully that I am operating only as a one-man or two-man parish council and that I am not acting in the best interests of the village.’’
- ‘Let me know when you're willing to speak,’ she said hurtfully, standing up and getting ready to leave.’
- ‘Unfortunately, having been so hurtfully tossed aside many times previously had wreaked havoc with her self-confidence in the dating pool and Rachel just wished that whatever she did have with Todd wasn't irreparably damaged.’
- ‘‘Fine, don't believe me, you'll all see’ Harrison said hurtfully.’
- ‘And my father began to speak hurtfully, sarcastically to me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.