One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
hastily, speedily, quickly, fast, rapidly, swiftly, briskly, expeditiously, without delay, in haste, in a hurry, at a run, at a gallop, at top speed, at full tilt, at the double, as fast as possibleView synonyms
- ‘We passed hurriedly on, knowing that we stood near the brink of something dark and strange.’
- ‘They ate quickly and hurriedly set off again to get away from the site of the ambush.’
- ‘Through the net curtain, legs walk past hurriedly on the pavement above.’
- ‘He glanced inside the first room, which looked like it had been hurriedly cleaned out.’
- ‘When I spoke to her about it, she looked sheepish and hurriedly covered it up, and refuses to discuss it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.