One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Irish game resembling hockey, played with a shorter stick with a broader oval blade. It is the national game of Ireland and may date back to the 2nd millennium BC.
- ‘He played football and hurling in three different counties.’
- ‘At present only Gaelic games such as Gaelic football and hurling are allowed to be played.’
- ‘The camps will feature football, hurling and handball.’
- ‘Gaelic football and hurling have been arousing Irish passions for a long, long time.’
- ‘It was a most enjoyable afternoon of hurling, camogie and football.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.