One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Irish game resembling hockey, played with a shorter stick with a broader oval blade. It is the national game of Ireland and may date back to the 2nd millennium BC.
- ‘He played football and hurling in three different counties.’
- ‘Gaelic football and hurling have been arousing Irish passions for a long, long time.’
- ‘The camps will feature football, hurling and handball.’
- ‘It was a most enjoyable afternoon of hurling, camogie and football.’
- ‘At present only Gaelic games such as Gaelic football and hurling are allowed to be played.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.