Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A woman who hunts.‘Artemis, goddess of the moon, a virgin and a huntress’
- ‘The shocked huntress still found this hard to believe.’
- ‘She fled their home in anger and joined Diana's cult in the woods as a huntress.’
- ‘Dolly leapt into action, the huntress awakened, graceful, athletic, like a prima ballerina in a full fur coat.’
- ‘The unicorns were gone now, and the huntress was standing alone in the forest.’
- ‘In a few careful moments, the huntress came silently through the woods to her kill.’
- ‘The huntress grunted as she shoved herself onto her knees.’
- ‘At the mention of the name the huntress automatically flinched and brought her sea green eyes onto the king with faint concern.’
- ‘There was no answer as the huntress looked at the floor, pensive.’
- ‘‘If you really insist, I guess I can reveal myself now,’ said the huntress.’
- ‘She is a virgin huntress and also the moon goddess.’
- ‘Silence still came from the dark huntress and the king grew impatient.’
- ‘All of a sudden the huntress stood, gently placing her already sleeping falcon on a low tree branch.’
- ‘Her senses tingled in reaction to the smell, alert, and the instincts of the huntress awoke within her.’
- ‘Alexia had to fight to keep the huntress within her from taking over.’
- ‘Momentarily the huntress glanced down at the floor and realized the clattering noise had come from the bag of iron she had earlier given the girl.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.