One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The annual period when restrictions on the killing of certain types of wildlife for sport or food are lifted.‘officials have high hopes for this year's deer hunting season’
- ‘They still have a hunting season on the cougar to control it.’
- ‘The trophy hunting season lasts from the first of February until the end of November.’
- ‘She's hoping to prevent the establishment of hunting seasons on mourning doves, sandhill cranes, and wolves.’
- ‘Fresh meat was enjoyed during the hunting season, and some was smoked or dried and used to embellish corn dishes during the rest of the year.’
- ‘Our woods no longer felt safe during hunting season.’
- ‘James remembers how the day was looked forward to by his father and neighbours for the start of the game hunting season.’
- ‘Opening day for hunting season is here and Billy gets ready for the big night.’
- ‘For the most part, the birds remained there until hunters came to kill them after the beginning of hunting season in October.’
- ‘The hunting season officially opens in early September and closes in late February.’
- ‘The hunting seasons were seal, caribou, and whale.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.