One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small country property used by hunters in the hunting season.‘a Highland hunting lodge’
- ‘He was devoting considerable time and expense to the renovation of a rural hunting-lodge.’
- ‘He developed the vineyards around the hunting lodge.’
- ‘The former hunting lodge dates back to the late 18th century.’
- ‘In the summers, he often traveled with his daughters and a large entourage to his hunting lodge, in northern New York State.’
- ‘He made his way to the old hunting lodge set in rolling countryside with dramatic views.’
- ‘Personal expenses had been paid to him from company funds, including money for holidays, boat repairs, and fittings to his hunting lodge.’
- ‘Nights are spent in small villages or in hunting lodges where the walls are thick with stag-heads.’
- ‘Two weeks later, Alex was at a hunting lodge with his fiancée and her parents.’
- ‘The first tourism development in the area took place in 1934 with the construction of a road and a small hunting lodge.’
- ‘He displayed eclectic influences in the massive hunting lodge, which many believe to be his finest building.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.