One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small country property used by hunters in the hunting season.‘a Highland hunting lodge’
- ‘The first tourism development in the area took place in 1934 with the construction of a road and a small hunting lodge.’
- ‘Nights are spent in small villages or in hunting lodges where the walls are thick with stag-heads.’
- ‘Two weeks later, Alex was at a hunting lodge with his fiancée and her parents.’
- ‘Personal expenses had been paid to him from company funds, including money for holidays, boat repairs, and fittings to his hunting lodge.’
- ‘He displayed eclectic influences in the massive hunting lodge, which many believe to be his finest building.’
- ‘In the summers, he often traveled with his daughters and a large entourage to his hunting lodge, in northern New York State.’
- ‘He made his way to the old hunting lodge set in rolling countryside with dramatic views.’
- ‘He developed the vineyards around the hunting lodge.’
- ‘He was devoting considerable time and expense to the renovation of a rural hunting-lodge.’
- ‘The former hunting lodge dates back to the late 18th century.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.