One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A straight horn blown to give signals during hunting.
- ‘At that moment, from the field the fox has just left, there's the skirl of a hunting horn.’
- ‘Overhead, a hunting horn called, echoing into the distance.’
- ‘Only then did it hear the clear notes of a hunting horn playing in the distance.’
- ‘There has been much noise of bagpipes, hunting horns and cheering; the countryside is always full of sounds as well as sights.’
- ‘A hunting horn sounded, and through the trees he caught a glimpse of the flying bodies of the pack, but the trail was almost obscured by overgrowth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.