One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A straight horn blown to give signals during hunting.
- ‘There has been much noise of bagpipes, hunting horns and cheering; the countryside is always full of sounds as well as sights.’
- ‘Only then did it hear the clear notes of a hunting horn playing in the distance.’
- ‘A hunting horn sounded, and through the trees he caught a glimpse of the flying bodies of the pack, but the trail was almost obscured by overgrowth.’
- ‘At that moment, from the field the fox has just left, there's the skirl of a hunting horn.’
- ‘Overhead, a hunting horn called, echoing into the distance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.