One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The first full moon after a harvest moon.
- ‘This evening I stood in the window, looking out at a hunter's moon sailing brilliant on a torn cloud sky.’
- ‘Native Americans have also traditionally called the September and October moons the harvest and hunter's moons (although they don't always fall on these months).’
- ‘Harvest and hunter's moons are low in the sky, look bigger, and are yellower.’
- ‘Those glowing red eyes seemed to illuminate the shadowy moonlit shore even more so than did the huge hunter's moon that hung low overhead, standing out in sharp contrast to the back drop of dark trees and forest.’
- ‘The position at which the Moon rises above the horizon is a feature giving rise to the harvest and hunter's moons at this time of year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.