One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A children's game in which one player hides an object, traditionally a thimble, and the other players have to find it.‘you could while away a long journey playing hunt the thimble’
- ‘Hunt the thimble used to be a popular childhood game.’
- ‘June played a series of traditional games with her mother, including Hunt the Thimble.’
- ‘He is playing a game of hunt-the-thimble, searching every corner of the room.’
- ‘I thought of the old childhood game of hunt-the-thimble, which I used to play with an aunt.’
- ‘"I don't want to play hunt the thimble with Bobbie again; he hides things in such very odd places!"’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.