One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a man) large, strong, and sexually attractive.‘the sexy stars fell out over hunky footballer Lee’
- ‘Stephen proved a little more hardy than his hunky doctor character, who in the TV programme fainted at the sight of his own blood.’
- ‘She wasn't disappointed - her assignments included an interview with a hunky local footballer.’
- ‘Seems she fancies a hunky law student so much that she actually goes to a class or two with him.’
- ‘When a hunky joiner arrives to fit new shelves in the surgery, Joanna lets her best assets do the talking.’
- ‘At the end of the day, you're never going to find your hunky man when you're looking for him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.