One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stretch of country in which work or food is hard to come by.‘they'd tramped a long hungry track’
- ‘When you're old, when you're on a hungry track, without food or water, there's no hell worse.’
- ‘It's a hungry track. The settlers haven't got much.’
- ‘All the arts and wiles could not extract a feed on this hungry track.’
- ‘She described the desolate stretch as a very hungry track.’
- ‘Eight weeks on a hungry track. Got a week's work at last.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.