One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See hunger strike
- ‘To increase pressure on the strikers guards began confiscating the inmates' snack foods, and the prison sent a medical officer around to check daily on every hunger striker.’
- ‘He was jailed as a freedom rider, arrested as a war protester and, at the United Nations headquarters in New York, as a hunger striker against nuclear weapons.’
- ‘With parents and siblings and spouse and children sitting around the hunger striker's bedside, he knew that the last thing he would do for them was to break their hearts and their happiness.’
- ‘How long can a hunger striker expect to survive?’
- ‘A spokesperson for the hunger striker said that Congress had given itself fat salaries and pensions while the needs of the vast majority of retired workers were constantly overlooked.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.