One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Tiny sugar beads of varying colours used for decorating cakes and desserts.
- ‘For dessert, I ordered a chocolate and orange mousse served in a ramekin and topped with chocolate hundreds and thousands.’
- ‘We've got icecream, jelly, custard, hundreds and thousands all over the seats.’
- ‘Cakes covered with these relatively simple icings are often further decorated with the addition of glacé cherries, angelica, silver dragées, hundreds and thousands, etc.’
- ‘Nursery delicacies included bread and sugar, bread with hundreds and thousands, lots of steamed puddings and custard with everything.’
- ‘There are dinosaur shaped biscuits, and fairy cakes scattered with tiny, dinosaur shaped hundreds and thousands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.