Tiny sugar beads of varying colours used for decorating cakes and desserts.
- ‘Nursery delicacies included bread and sugar, bread with hundreds and thousands, lots of steamed puddings and custard with everything.’
- ‘There are dinosaur shaped biscuits, and fairy cakes scattered with tiny, dinosaur shaped hundreds and thousands.’
- ‘Cakes covered with these relatively simple icings are often further decorated with the addition of glacé cherries, angelica, silver dragées, hundreds and thousands, etc.’
- ‘We've got icecream, jelly, custard, hundreds and thousands all over the seats.’
- ‘For dessert, I ordered a chocolate and orange mousse served in a ramekin and topped with chocolate hundreds and thousands.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.