One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a hump or humps; hump-shaped.‘a breed of humped cattle’‘a humped bridge’
arched, bent, bowed, curved, rounded, hunchedView synonyms
- ‘Usually it is seen crouching or sitting with humped shoulders.’
- ‘The shrouded outline of a humped rock above the water seemed briefly to be a human form, crouching, waiting for a signal.’
- ‘It was a time when everything was very basic, a time when cars were non existent in the area and the humped back stone bridge was the local landmark.’
- ‘They walked with humped shoulders, lawn chairs in tow, without so much as a sound, save for the clinking of car-keys in ready.’
- ‘Old men in shorts and vests played chess in a breezy pavilion as families surged across a twee, humped bridge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.