One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small road bridge with a steep ascent and descent.
- ‘It's tucked down a no-through road, three-quarters of a mile from a pretty Warwickshire hamlet with a waterside pub, canal and humpback bridge.’
- ‘It is believed that the car hit a bollard, left the road and overturned several times as it went over a humpback bridge.’
- ‘The gloom is something like that feeling of leaving your tummy behind you as you speed over a humpback bridge.’
- ‘Through the windows is an idyllic view of the river, bounded by two humpback bridges, overlooked by an abbey and surrounded by hills.’
- ‘It's a magical midwinter scene, with a pretty humpback bridge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.