Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Wednesday, regarded as the midpoint of a typical working week.‘it's hump day and perhaps the toughest day of the week for you’‘Wednesday is hump day, Thursday is the unofficial beginning of the weekend’
- ‘My friend and I decided to woop it up a bit on "hump day" (Wednesday), in order to break up the work week.’
- ‘Happy hump day!’
- ‘In general, though, Hump Day is the worst day to post; interactions on Wednesday are 7.4% lower than average.’
- ‘It's hump day - you're allowed a little retail therapy.’
- ‘We wanted to use this Hump Day to update you on all the latest college news and give you a quick glance at what to look ahead to this weekend.’
- ‘Here's to a great Hump Day!’
- ‘Wednesday is better known to some as Hump Day because, while you can see the past weekend in your rear view mirror, you can't quite see the weekend ahead just yet.’
- ‘With All Hallow's Eve falling on a Wednesday this year, partygoers won't have trouble finding a hump day celebration to attend next week.’
- ‘I hope your Hump Day is treating you well!’
- ‘We'll also offer strategy tips to get you over hump day.’
- ‘Tuesdays are the worst, not Monday (so you're not psyched for them), not Wednesday (hump day), not Thursday (sneaky after work drinks day) and not Friday (woohoo the weekend!).’
- ‘Well, we just got past hump day, and they haven't bought a thing.’
- ‘Tomorrow is hump day.’
- ‘You know, usually when somebody brings up the fact that it's "Hump Day," I embarrass myself by morphing into an eighth grade boy who just has to remind everyone how perverse Wednesday's nickname sounds.’
- ‘It's Wednesday night, which means two things - hump day has come to an end and the music scene in Ballarat is about to come alive.’
- ‘Together, along with their fantastic touring band, they made this week's hump day a wonderful one, and helped me go into work Thursday morning with a smile, though I was quite sore from all the dancing.’
- ‘I figured it was hump day, so we all needed a nice pick-me-up, right?’
- ‘If Wednesday is hump day in the working world, January is hump month in the NBA - the month when most teams get a definitive answer as to where their season is headed.’
- ‘The opening-night shindig at SAT on Wednesday, Oct. 23 is ideal for anyone looking to add a little extra hump in their hump day.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.