One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The arias selected are eminently familiar and hummable - from Aida, Nabucco, Otello, Rigoletto and Il Trovatore among others - and everyone enjoys themselves hugely.’
- ‘They are forgettable not because they are boring, but because the chorus always hits with such a wave of hummable, nostalgic melody that it overpowers them, every time.’
- ‘I downloaded it and actually listened to it.… and I found it hummable!’
- ‘‘They are all hummable songs,’ Mann explained, ‘but actually learning them is a bit difficult, especially once you have to be dancing and singing at the same time.’’
- ‘Guest conductor Timothy Vernon joins the orchestra once again to present hummable selections from the golden age, the masterworks, and from traditional carols.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.