One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A notice to this effect was humiliatingly nailed to the door of one of Brighton's principal churches.’
- ‘The fact is that executing people, unless you do it publicly, horribly and humiliatingly, has no deterrent effect.’
- ‘And the candidates put up by the left humiliatingly failed to get enough nominations.’
- ‘Then it became revenge, after you humiliatingly defeated me in San Francisco.’
- ‘He's been a drug addict and a vagrant, and was once humiliatingly pursued by police over an unpaid cafe bill.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.