Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A machine or device which automatically regulates the humidity of the air in a room or building.
- ‘The humidifier works only when I turn all the way to the maximum setting on the humidistat.’
- ‘An adjustable, high-limit humidistat should be located downstream from the humidifier to reduce the potential for condensation inside the duct.’
- ‘When purchasing a furnace humidifier, look for a model than has a humidistat.’
- ‘When he specs foam insulation, he includes a humidistat and an air exchange system to ventilate the house with fresh air.’
- ‘Thermostats and humidistats are adjustable.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.