One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine or device which automatically regulates the humidity of the air in a room or building.
- ‘When he specs foam insulation, he includes a humidistat and an air exchange system to ventilate the house with fresh air.’
- ‘When purchasing a furnace humidifier, look for a model than has a humidistat.’
- ‘An adjustable, high-limit humidistat should be located downstream from the humidifier to reduce the potential for condensation inside the duct.’
- ‘The humidifier works only when I turn all the way to the maximum setting on the humidistat.’
- ‘Thermostats and humidistats are adjustable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.