One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine or device which automatically regulates the humidity of the air in a room or building.
- ‘When purchasing a furnace humidifier, look for a model than has a humidistat.’
- ‘Thermostats and humidistats are adjustable.’
- ‘The humidifier works only when I turn all the way to the maximum setting on the humidistat.’
- ‘When he specs foam insulation, he includes a humidistat and an air exchange system to ventilate the house with fresh air.’
- ‘An adjustable, high-limit humidistat should be located downstream from the humidifier to reduce the potential for condensation inside the duct.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.