One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for keeping the atmosphere in a room moist.
- ‘First and foremost, follow the manufacturer's instructions to clean a humidifier.’
- ‘If not already present, you should consider adding a humidifier to the central heating system of your home.’
- ‘Turn off certain appliances (such as humidifiers or kerosene heaters) if you notice moisture on windows and other surfaces.’
- ‘Appliances such as humidifiers, kerosene and gas heaters, and gas stoves add moisture to the air.’
- ‘He looks sick, curled under a blanket with a humidifier in the room, shadows under his eyes and his hands folded over his chest.’
- ‘If using cool mist or ultrasonic humidifiers, clean appliances according to manufacturer's instructions and refill with fresh water daily.’
- ‘Cigar humidifiers can also be used in cigar rooms, display cases, and large armoires.’
- ‘Putting a cool-mist humidifier in the room often helps children breath easier.’
- ‘Use blackout curtains, eye covers, earplugs, extra blankets, a fan, a humidifier or other devices to create an environment that suits your needs.’
- ‘As with other types of humidifiers, your furnace humidifier will need to be cleaned and disinfected according to the manufacturer's instructions.’
- ‘Most cool-mist humidifiers come with a filter to clean the air before it's humidified.’
- ‘Change the filters in appliances like humidifiers and air conditioners.’
- ‘Use a humidifier in the winter to help keep indoor air moist.’
- ‘A humidifier can bring moist balance back into your home and health.’
- ‘If none of the other suggestions works, try some saline nasal spray (and maybe a humidifier in your room).’
- ‘A room humidifier must be cleaned every few days, not every few weeks or months, he emphasized.’
- ‘It is thought an electrical fault caused the humidifier to catch fire.’
- ‘Moisture is added to some heating systems today by placing a humidifier on the furnace or in the room.’
- ‘Mechanical humidifiers add large quantities of moisture to the air and should not be used if paint peeling is a problem.’
- ‘Avoid humidifiers when possible because moist air promotes dust mite infestation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.