Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device for keeping the atmosphere in a room moist.
- ‘If none of the other suggestions works, try some saline nasal spray (and maybe a humidifier in your room).’
- ‘First and foremost, follow the manufacturer's instructions to clean a humidifier.’
- ‘Mechanical humidifiers add large quantities of moisture to the air and should not be used if paint peeling is a problem.’
- ‘Avoid humidifiers when possible because moist air promotes dust mite infestation.’
- ‘Appliances such as humidifiers, kerosene and gas heaters, and gas stoves add moisture to the air.’
- ‘As with other types of humidifiers, your furnace humidifier will need to be cleaned and disinfected according to the manufacturer's instructions.’
- ‘He looks sick, curled under a blanket with a humidifier in the room, shadows under his eyes and his hands folded over his chest.’
- ‘If using cool mist or ultrasonic humidifiers, clean appliances according to manufacturer's instructions and refill with fresh water daily.’
- ‘Change the filters in appliances like humidifiers and air conditioners.’
- ‘It is thought an electrical fault caused the humidifier to catch fire.’
- ‘Use blackout curtains, eye covers, earplugs, extra blankets, a fan, a humidifier or other devices to create an environment that suits your needs.’
- ‘A room humidifier must be cleaned every few days, not every few weeks or months, he emphasized.’
- ‘Moisture is added to some heating systems today by placing a humidifier on the furnace or in the room.’
- ‘Turn off certain appliances (such as humidifiers or kerosene heaters) if you notice moisture on windows and other surfaces.’
- ‘If not already present, you should consider adding a humidifier to the central heating system of your home.’
- ‘Most cool-mist humidifiers come with a filter to clean the air before it's humidified.’
- ‘Use a humidifier in the winter to help keep indoor air moist.’
- ‘Putting a cool-mist humidifier in the room often helps children breath easier.’
- ‘Cigar humidifiers can also be used in cigar rooms, display cases, and large armoires.’
- ‘A humidifier can bring moist balance back into your home and health.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.