One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for keeping the atmosphere in a room moist.
- ‘He looks sick, curled under a blanket with a humidifier in the room, shadows under his eyes and his hands folded over his chest.’
- ‘If using cool mist or ultrasonic humidifiers, clean appliances according to manufacturer's instructions and refill with fresh water daily.’
- ‘If none of the other suggestions works, try some saline nasal spray (and maybe a humidifier in your room).’
- ‘A humidifier can bring moist balance back into your home and health.’
- ‘Use blackout curtains, eye covers, earplugs, extra blankets, a fan, a humidifier or other devices to create an environment that suits your needs.’
- ‘Appliances such as humidifiers, kerosene and gas heaters, and gas stoves add moisture to the air.’
- ‘Use a humidifier in the winter to help keep indoor air moist.’
- ‘Putting a cool-mist humidifier in the room often helps children breath easier.’
- ‘Most cool-mist humidifiers come with a filter to clean the air before it's humidified.’
- ‘Turn off certain appliances (such as humidifiers or kerosene heaters) if you notice moisture on windows and other surfaces.’
- ‘Change the filters in appliances like humidifiers and air conditioners.’
- ‘Avoid humidifiers when possible because moist air promotes dust mite infestation.’
- ‘First and foremost, follow the manufacturer's instructions to clean a humidifier.’
- ‘Cigar humidifiers can also be used in cigar rooms, display cases, and large armoires.’
- ‘Mechanical humidifiers add large quantities of moisture to the air and should not be used if paint peeling is a problem.’
- ‘It is thought an electrical fault caused the humidifier to catch fire.’
- ‘A room humidifier must be cleaned every few days, not every few weeks or months, he emphasized.’
- ‘Moisture is added to some heating systems today by placing a humidifier on the furnace or in the room.’
- ‘If not already present, you should consider adding a humidifier to the central heating system of your home.’
- ‘As with other types of humidifiers, your furnace humidifier will need to be cleaned and disinfected according to the manufacturer's instructions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.